What is FundEd?
Become a FundEd member for just £30 (+VAT) a year and transform your fundraising strategy with our toolkit of resources and benefits. This includes:
- FundEd Magazine: A termly publication packed with expert advice, step-by-step guides, inspirational ideas and case studies
- Access to the UK’s leading grants database for schools: The FundEd database features more than £13m of grants for schools, both national and local
- Funding alerts and newsletters: Half-termly emails featuring the latest grants for schools, plus regular e-newsletters highlighting new initiatives
- Getting started handbook: A comprehensive guide to help you plan and implement your fundraising strategy
- Crowdfunding guide: A detailed review of how to run a successful crowdfunding campaign
- Advice hub: This section of www.funded.org.uk provides step-by-step guides to writing grant bids, developing fundraising strategies, promoting your school, setting up regular giving and passive income streams, building relationships with alumni and businesses, and running events and campaigns
- Grant and CIF application support: Our partners can assess your suitability for grant funding and review your applications before you submit them
- Special offers: Discounts on bid writing services and regular giving schemes, plus a 45-minute free monthly consultation on procurement from Minerva, the UK’s leading education procurement consultancy
- email@example.com: Put your fundraising questions to our panel of experts
Mel Fane, PTA Trustee of Our Lady of Lourdes RC School, told us how FundEd helped the PTA raise £88,500 to regenerate the school's outdoor areas.
'We are a one-form-entry school in Brighton, with big ideas to completely regenerate all of the school's outdoor areas. We realised that our PTA alone could never raise the amount of money required, and that we needed to look elsewhere. One option was to apply for grants, however there seemed to be hundreds of organisations - all with complicated criteria - to trawl through, and it all became very daunting.
We decided to sign up to the FundEd programme in September 2016 and one of the most invaluable benefits is how straightforward it is to access the grants database. This allows us to tailor our search for grants specifically to our individual funding requirements, knowing all results are suitable for schools.
As we are raising funds to transform our outdoor spaces, we were matched to several potential funders and have since received £2,000 from Greggs, £1,000 from Co-op, £3,500 from the England Illegal Money Lending Team and are waiting with fingers crossed to hear if other bids have been successful.
Thanks to the excellent guidance on completing a successful grant application, we have also been awarded £10,000 from Awards for All for a brand new trim trail (details on how to apply are also the FundEd site) and we have successfully secured £72,000 from our Local Authority to completely resurface our playgrounds.
FundEd also offers some excellent giveaways and we recently won a bundle of books for our school library.
Having found the grant search process and application advice from FundEd so invaluable, we don't intend to stop at playgrounds but now plan to look into funding for library resources and other improvements across the school!'
Mel Fane, PTA Trustee, Our Lady of Lourdes RC School, Brighton, Sussex, (199 pupils)
Get FundEd for just £30 (+VAT) a year
FundEd is a time-saving toolkit for school leaders, business and community managers, and PTA chairs. It features a comprehensive range of proven income-generation solutions. An annual subscription costs just £30 (+VAT) a year. For this, up to ten users within your school can access the grants database, read expert guidance, receive half-termly funding alerts and regular newsletters.