What is FundEd?
At FundEd, we believe all children are entitled to a high-quality education.
Our aim is to support schools by providing you with the inspiration and expertise to embark on a successful fundraising journey. So whether you want to secure a grant, develop a regular giving campaign, plan a fundraising strategy or access business support, FundEd is here to help.
Become a FundEd member for just £30 (+VAT) a year and transform your fundraising strategy with our toolkit of resources and benefits. This includes:
Individual school membership of FundEd provides:
- Access to the UK’s leading grants database for schools: The FundEd database features more than £13m of national and local grants for schools
- Funding alerts and newsletters: Half-termly emails featuring the latest grants for schools, plus regular e-newsletters
- FundEd magazine: A termly school fundraising publication, packed with inspirational case studies, expert advice and step-by-step guides.
In addition all members will receive:
- A FundEd ‘getting started’ handbook: This comprehensive guide will help you plan and implement your fundraising strategy.
- Crowdfunding and regular giving support: We provide detailed step-by-step guides on running a successful campaign, as well as telephone or online advice.
- Grant and CIF application support: Our partners can assess your suitability for grant funding and review your applications before you submit them. They can also provide discounted bid-writing services.
- Ask FundEd: Our panel of experts can help solve your fundraising queries.
Open to all schools:
Our website, FundEd.org.uk, features articles on all aspects of school fundraising and partnership building, from developing a fundraising strategy, to promoting your school, building passive income streams and developing an alumni network of potential donors.
It also includes profiles of successful case studies, alongside a handy directory of school suppliers.
Our complementary service, PTA+ , provides access to local grants, and a complete A to Z of how to organise successful fundraising events.
Plus....with school budgets stretched to breaking point and schools under pressure to generate additional income we have put together the following school fundraising guide.
Mel Fane, PTA Trustee of Our Lady of Lourdes RC School, told us how FundEd helped the PTA raise £88,500 to regenerate the school's outdoor areas.
'We are a one-form-entry school in Brighton, with big ideas to completely regenerate all of the school's outdoor areas. We realised that our PTA alone could never raise the amount of money required, and that we needed to look elsewhere. One option was to apply for grants, however there seemed to be hundreds of organisations - all with complicated criteria - to trawl through, and it all became very daunting.
We decided to sign up to the FundEd programme in September 2016 and one of the most invaluable benefits is how straightforward it is to access the grants database. This allows us to tailor our search for grants specifically to our individual funding requirements, knowing all results are suitable for schools.
As we are raising funds to transform our outdoor spaces, we were matched to several potential funders and have since received £2,000 from Greggs, £1,000 from Co-op, £3,500 from the England Illegal Money Lending Team and are waiting with fingers crossed to hear if other bids have been successful.
Thanks to the excellent guidance on completing a successful grant application, we have also been awarded £10,000 from Awards for All for a brand new trim trail (details on how to apply are also the FundEd site) and we have successfully secured £72,000 from our Local Authority to completely resurface our playgrounds.
FundEd also offers some excellent giveaways and we recently won a bundle of books for our school library.
Having found the grant search process and application advice from FundEd so invaluable, we don't intend to stop at playgrounds but now plan to look into funding for library resources and other improvements across the school!'
Mel Fane, PTA Trustee, Our Lady of Lourdes RC School, Brighton, Sussex, (199 pupils)
Get FundEd for just £30 (+VAT) a year
FundEd is a time-saving toolkit for school leaders, business and community managers, and PTA chairs. It features a comprehensive range of proven income-generation solutions. An annual subscription costs just £30 (+VAT) a year. For this, up to ten users within your school can access the grants database, read expert guidance, receive half-termly funding alerts and regular newsletters. For more information.