The Big PTA Raffle
The Big PTA Raffle has been developed to help every
school run a raffle with ease and with the best fundraising results
While most of you run at least one raffle a year, we know that
getting prizes can be time-consuming and you're competing against
all the other schools in the area, often asking the same donors
time and again! And then there's the whole issue of registering as
a 'small society lottery', paying the annual licensing fee,
arranging what needs to be printed on the tickets to meet legal
requirements, etc... That's why we're thrilled to be working with
the team behind The BIG PTA Raffle to deliver a national raffle -
exclusively for schools - with fantastic prizes, no hassle and
great fundraising potential.
- No need to apply or buy your own licence (saves £40
registration fee and £20 annual renewal fee).
- No need to spend weeks begging local companies to donate
- No need to worry about what details have to go on the
- The licensing, printing and drawing of tickets is all taken
- Each raffle will have substantial prizes such as cars,
holidays, TVs, experiences and more - encouraging more tickets to
Licensed, regulated and trusted!
Experts in charity fundraising and raffle management are working
together to provide this great fundraising service. The promoter
and licence-holder is Charities Trust - a charity who, during the
past decade has distributed over half a billion pounds to more than
50,000 charities. StarVale is the external lottery manager and has
more than 17 years' experience of lottery administration.
Charities Trust and The BIG PTA Raffle are licensed and regulated
by The Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005. For full
terms and conditions visit ptaraffle.co.uk.
Charities Trust holds a large society lottery licence, which
allows it to promote this national raffle through all school
fundraisers. 100% of the profits (75% of ticket sales) will be
distributed between participating PTAs and schools.
How does it work?
- Choose one of the trusted raffle ticket printers listed
- Decide how many tickets to order and place your order as usual
(but without needing to brief the printer on what to include on the
- Sell the tickets - a marketing pack will be provided.
- Return stubs and payment - this is required for the purposes of
transparency and to avoid fraudulent activity.
- After the draw, your PTA will receive 75% of the amount you
raised through ticket sales (25% covers the cost of administration,
securing prizes and licensing). Easy-to-follow instructions will be
included with your order.
When is it all happening?
The BIG PTA Raffle will have two draws per year, one at
Christmas and another late spring/early summer. All registered
PTAs/schools can participate in either, or both! The BIG PTA
- 7 September: Tickets for The BIG PTA Raffle can be ordered via
the printers listed.
- 1 October: Tickets are distributed to PTAs/schools.
- 17 November: Last date for ordering tickets.
- 15 December: Closing date for tickets/funds to be
- 5 January: The BIG PTA Raffle draw takes place.
- 9 January: Winners will be contacted/announced and funds
transferred to schools.
Sell more tickets!
We've already secured some fabulous prizes for the Christmas
draw - with a top prize of a family car, and a host of other
high-value items, your supporters are sure to dig deep for their
chance to win! Prizes include:
- 1st A brand new stylish Citroën C3
- 2nd A MacBook Pro, iPhone 7 and Apple Watch
- 3rd A Samsung 50" Smart LED TV
- 4th A West End theatre weekend break for two at a luxury
- 5th Merlin Entertainments Annual Passes for a family of
Visit ptaraffle.co.uk for full details of all
Look who's helping
Some of the biggest and best raffle ticket companies are joining
together to help support The BIG PTA Raffle. They want to help make
running a raffle simple and stress-free. Order your raffle tickets
through any of these companies - visit their websites and simply
follow the link for The BIG PTA Raffle.
Tickets are sold in books of five, with each ticket to be
sold for £1.
- 500 tickets cost £33.50
- 1,000 tickets cost £37.50
- 2,000 tickets cost £45.00
- Extra tickets cost £7.50 per 1,000 (includes VAT and standard
Get everything you need!
As well as your ticket order, participating schools will
receive, via email, a BIG PTA Raffle fundraising pack, which
contains everything you'll need to run a successful raffle as
smoothly as possible, including:
- A pdf of A4 and A3 posters to print and display around the
school and local community.
- A letter to parents with details of The BIG PTA Raffle, prizes
- PTA/school instructions for running the raffle, returning stubs
and distribution of funds.
To take part in The BIG PTA Raffle, simply visit the website of
one of the authorised raffle ticket printers listed or go to ptaraffle.co.uk. Order your tickets now -
or before 17 November - to take part in this year's Christmas
Share this page